Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Just call me a slacker

So after St. George I worked out at the gym almost every day for a week (to help my legs feel better)...and to compensate for all the food I was eating in Hawaii! Then when I got home, I think I forgot how to run or do much of anything. Or maybe I used the let your body have one day of rest per marathon mile. So yeah my 26 days of rest has come and past and I'm a slacker. I ran for the first time on Sat. and even though it felt great, I still haven't done it again. I think if I'm not training, I cheat doing my fitness runs. Just can't get myself to do it. So call me a slacker in running and blogging for the next few weeks.
Oh on an exciting note: I was accepted to run BOSTON! Yah! I was lucky. 25,000 runners signed up and within 8 hours the registration closed. Luckily I was included in those 25,000! I can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! I am SO excited for you! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Boston!!!! That's amazing!! When is it?

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. i found your blog on complete running blog. i will be running my first marathon in may! i hope you can give me some good advice. and congrats on qualifying for boston that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your not a slacker, you are an amazing runner,mom,wife,sister,aunt,daughter,yw advisor,friend. You are actually amazing with all you accomplish and I am so very proud of you, and so thankful for your friendship. You can take a little break from running...cause in December you will have to start "kicking asphalt" again! And I will be rooting for you and will try to support you in this goal to run Boston!!!!

    ReplyDelete