Sunday, May 1, 2011

One More

It's been just about 2 weeks since Boston and I'm still not quite okay with my time. So what does this runner girl do? Sign up for one more for another try, of course. This Saturday my mom is running the Provo city half with a friend who is doing the marathon. As she's been talking about it, my mind entered the place I like to call my crazy runners mentality. In that place I've had many a conversations with myself justifying why running a back to back marathon is okay. Here's what I've come up with.
1. I'm still in pretty good running shape, meaning I don't have to do another 4 month vigorous training schedule to run this marathon. I ran 10 miles yesterday and did fine with it, besides the fact that it was April 30 and I was pounding through about 4inches of unplowed snow on the streets. Topping it off with slushy sprays of water and snow covering me head to foot every time a car passed me. Good times!
2. I want another chance to have a strong finish. As amazing of an experience that I had with Boston, I didn't finish how I would have liked too. That was the first marathon that caused me to hit the wall, and I didn't liket that. So I want to try it again to see if I can do better.
3. I just want to do it. Plain and simple. I love to run.
So there, I know some of you may be rolling your eyes thinking I'm nuts, and well, there may be some truth to that. But really there is nothing like crossing the finish line to a marathon. Running so hard for 26.2 miles and then crossing that line knowing that you have just completed a race that at so many times seems impossible to do.
Just one more...I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. It will be fun, and I hope you do great. It will be good to get a better time just so you can take a break from marathons for a while with a time you will be more satisfied with. Although the last 2 out of 3 you have done are close to 3:30 and that is so dang amazing. I envy your running ability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're crazy but that's only because I would rather do taxes than run. I admire you and totally understand your reasons for doing another marathon. I think--no, I know--you will rock it!

    ReplyDelete