Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Another tempo run....check

Today I took my 7 mile tempo run outside. First of all have I mentioned that tempo runs to me are torture? Wednesdays are my I hate running day. Reason 1: Tempo runs kick my butt. Reason 2: Wednesdays are garbage days which means I get to smell the stank of rotting garbage throughout the entire run, not to mention that stupid truck following me everywhere. Reason 3: Today the wind. Reason 4: The hills, the many, many hills. But despite my extreme hate for Wednesday runs it went really well. To my suprise I did most of those 7 miles under 8 min. miles with 3 of those miles below a 7:40. So I was very happy with my time, and even more happy to be done with the run today. Maybe Boston is back on the plate. Now if I could only start eating more healthy, now that would be helpful.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you don't need to eat healthy! Think of all the calories you're burning! And speaking of hills, have you tried running the Porter Rockwell trail that starts around Draper park? An easier run and fewer hills! It used to only go to about seven miles but now you can do closer to 11 or 12 I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great! Boston is in your future : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I do the Porter Rockwell as part of my long runs...:) At least there is one "flat" area close to us!

    ReplyDelete