Monday, August 9, 2010

Last week recap

My running "journal" had to take a backseat last week, but here's a quick recap.
Let's see the big 16 mile run was last Saturday and it was pretty brutal. Mainly because my 16 mile run turned into a 17 mile run. Not good when that happens. Actually I was doing pretty good until about mile 14, then the hills started getting to me. As I approached the last mile and a half (straight uphill to my house) I realized that I just hit 16 miles and the wall. The "wall". I've heard of it, I've kinda experienced it in the past, but it wasn't until I hit 16 miles and still had 1 extra to do (that my mind was in no way going to allow)that I truly understood what the wall was. I barely could walk/run that last mile. Somehow I got home and as I approached my driveway, I just cried. Yes, it's the emotional part kicking in of the feeling of I can't do this. Sure I can run the distance, but run it at a Boston pace, now that I just don't know if I can do. I had a very bad week following that run and thankfully it was my down mileage week. So I only had a few 5 and 6 mile runs to do. Now I'm back to it and am still not sure how I'm feeling. I have a hard tempo run on Wed. and then 18 miles on Friday. Boston is seeming a little out of reach right now. I'm wondering if my goal needs to be altered. :(

1 comment:

  1. No way, babe. No changing that goal. You will make Boston and you will rock it! The "wall" is not a very awesome thing to hit, but I have no doubt you will break right through it. Plus, Melissa and I are counting on your speed for a triathlon relay team next summer: me on the swim, Melissa on the bike and you rockin' the run!

    ReplyDelete