Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Marathon Pace team

I have a little hope that maybe I can make this goal, maybe. I signed up with the Cliff Bar pace team for the 3:40 marathon time. They say that as long as you stay with them then they will cross the line within that time. So at least now I don't have to only rely on my Garmin, I'll have actual people to run with and motivate me. That was huge news for me. Also I went to a meditation class last night and met a girl there who ran both SLC and St. George. She missed Boston by 30 sec. last year but she did say that her time from SLC improved by 20 min. for St. George. I haven't run St. George since 2005, so I'm hoping maybe the same will hold true for me. Hoping. I just finished my 7 mile tempo run. 1 mile warm up at a 9min pace, 5 miles at 7:40 and then 1 mile cool down. I'm tired but am feeling pretty good. Now I just have to spend some time with the ice and my knee.

3 comments:

  1. That poor knee of yours. :( I saw let's quit the marathon/triathlon thing and try out hand at eating our weight in frozen yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...how about next week we take a fro-yo trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poor knee :(
    The pace team sounds really cool! Good luck!!!

    Jen
    http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete