Saturday, September 11, 2010

Less than 3 weeks and counting

I can't believe it's almost here. Ready or not, St. George here I come. Today my nice mommy biked my 20mile run with me. Anyway you look at it 20 miles stinks. But there was some good news. First the weather was great, I think it started out around 50degrees and ended around 65 or so. It's beautiful to look around and take in the mountains with the sun peeking over them. Now only at certain points of my run, where my endorphins were buzzing, could I actually appreciate this. Other times I was grumbling about marathon running. What crazy person enjoys this? Oh yeah, that would be me ...at times. But I didn't have to take my ibuprofen until mile 17 which is a huge improvement from past runs. So the positives: no injuries, no knee pain, beautiful weather, great company. The negative: my time. Boston is seeming more and more out of reach. I just don't see how I can maintain an 8:20min/mile for 26 miles straight. So far I've had 2 20 mile runs and both have not even been close to averaging that. Bad news...very bad news. Of course IF and only IF I have an amazing running day where everything falls perfectly into place then maybe I can qualify. Otherwise it looks like I'll just try and if I don't I'm going to have to wait about 6 years till I'm 35 and the qualifying time goes up.

5 comments:

  1. You are amazing Amber!!! And you are right the weather was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure it's only 6 years until you're 35? I thought you were like 21... ;) I give you an A+++ for effort. Keeping inspiring us because you do it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, sadly I am enjoying the last year of my 20s!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't give up yet!!!

    Jen
    http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing amazing....I admire your effort and determination. Whatever your time turns out to be just remember how you are on of the minority who can even finish a marathon....and you will have a great personal time even if you don't qualify. Love you.

    ReplyDelete