Saturday, September 4, 2010

Another week down

I've slacked on my journaling, but life has been crazy. So a quick recap- last week a ran a 16 mile hill run and it was pretty good. Honestly I can't even remember much about it besides the fact that 16 miles sucks just as much as 20, especially when I'm doing it alone. This past week was my down mileage week, thank goodness.7 miles Monday, 6 miles Wed. and 6 today. Very easy and very nice. I think it's been so helpful in preventing injury. My knee has been great this week. We'll see how Saturdays 20 mile goes.
Mainly my thoughts this past week have been on acquiring some form of personal protection. Monday night I had a scarey runner experience. I missed my morning run and couldn't get myself out till around 8pm. I had to run 7 so the last few miles were ran in darkness. I'm smart enough to never do this alone, but that night happened to be the exception. I live in a very safe area (or so you think) and always run in pretty populated, lit areas. Anyways as I was running a car passed me very slowly. This is common, but I get the creepy feelings sometimes and this one triggered it in full force. It then stops and turns down a street a few ahead of me and just sits there waiting so that I would have had to run right in front of it. I had a very bad feeling but rationalized that they were probably just lost. To play it safe I crossed the street anyways and ran on the other side past them. No sooner had I done this then the crazy car comes out and drives slowly by me again. Now I began to panick imagining the worst scenarios, so again I crossed to the opposite side. Thankfully some people turned the street and I could see them walking so I ran to be by them and scarey crazy guy took off. So not quite sure what that was all about, but I'm glad I didn't have to find out. I love running, but that was one of the things that I don't love about it. So next thing on my list for alone runs is pocket sized mace.

2 comments:

  1. My FIL stocks me up with mace. Come over and borrow some. And DON'T run by yourself that late again, promise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!!! That always freaks me out when I go out for evening walks.

    Jen
    http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete