Sunday, September 19, 2010

Yuck

Can I say Yuck? That's the word of the weekend. Yuck. Before bed I laid out my running clothes for my last Sat. morning 12 mile run. I was feeling especially tired but contributed it to the hike the boys and I just went on earlier that evening and my "running diet" that leaves me craving my chocolate and white bread. But unfortunately it was none of those, instead it was the evil stomach flu. From about 2am till 6am I ran from my bed, to the toilet for a nice throw up session, to bed and repeat. Not fun. I missed my run and spent most of Sat. feeling incredibly nauseous and weak. The best was when it was finally bed time and I went to sleep feeling exhausted, nauseous, and weak when I heard my little 4 year old crying. Crying because he had what I did, only he didn't make it to the bathroom, but did manage to cover a very large area of bedding with puke. Yuck. Theres nothing like cleaning up puke when you're on the verge of doing it yourselg. So, I got to clean, and then stay by his side as he repeated my ordeal. Then today I was luck enough to wake up feeling better, but weak and sleep deprived. But then today my husband got it too...Yuck. So I'm 2 weeks out and I'm just thankful that I got it now instead of on my race weekend. But on the bright side, I'm feeling lots better. It's only a 24 hr. bug, so by tomorrow my fam should be puke free. Oh and did I mention that on Sunday the day after the marathon me and my hubby are going to Hawaii? :) Now that is not Yuck.

4 comments:

  1. Hawaii? I am so jealous! You definitely deserve it after the week you've had. Gotta love it when they vomit all over their bedding and the carpet. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stomach flu is the worst!!!!! But I am glad you are feeling better and you have time to get your strength back before the marathon. I can't believe it is almost here. I am requesting a mile dedicated to me again but I haven't decided which one yet.... You are going to do great. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck. The stomach flu is nasty, and really bad when the little ones get it :( OOOOO Hawaii....fun!!!!

    Jen
    http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no Amber I am so sorry! That is the worst! And the laundry-ugh!!!! I hope you guys are better now! And Hawaii is something to look forward to for sure!

    ReplyDelete