Sunday, July 18, 2010

12 miles

Yesterday I woke up at 6:30 to run my 12. Of course I didn't get to bed till 1am since I was having some issues with my itunes and needed to get my music in order for my run. Cameron announced that he wanted to go and run with me (I think the most he's run in the past few months is 4 or 5 miles). I told him okay, but that I'd leave him if he was too slow. ;) So tired and very tired we left by 6:45 for the 12 mile run. It's been averaging over 100 degrees the past few days and I could feel the heat after my first mile. Training in heat is so much harder than the cold runs I used to do. So, we picked a loop with of course lots of hills, but lots of beauty too. As much as hills kill me (and I do mean KILL me)I love to run so close to the mountains and to have such gorgeous views. We saw a mommy deer with her little baby and ran maybe 10 feet from them.
My hubby was an excellent running partner and we stayed together for the most part. Running with someone makes such a difference. For the SLC marathon I had a training partner and she was great to run with. She was running in the Ogden marathon a month after mine, but still came and ran a part of my marathon with me. When I reached that struggling point around mile 17-20 she was there to keep me going. I really need to find a partner to run this marathon with. Cameron registered for St. George, but didn't make the lotto, so now I'm on my own. The last few miles we were running uphill and so we separated then, but he stayed strong till the last few. He's a natural athlete and I was pretty impressed that he could just go and run 10 no problem. So my 12 miler down, now in the weeks ahead it really starts to get fun.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing so great. I hope you can find a partner too, it does make a difference, but even if you don't you will still achieve your goal, I just know it. You have such a strong competitive spirit, just like your dad. I wish I had more of that, when it gets too tough for me I wimp out... you know that. Good luck on your next tempo run...keep "kicking asphalt" :).

    ReplyDelete