Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tempo Run

I've had an emotionally tuff week...just some personal issues I'm dealing with, but they have been bad enough to put a dent in my running. So Monday I missed my easy 3 mile run, but that's okay. I ate a box of chocolates instead from my sweet aunt. So anyways back on track today. So the tempo run. Can I just say that if I had a choice to do a 6 mile tempo run or run double that (13 miles) at normal speed I wouldn't even think twice about choosing the 13 mile run. It's bad. Today the workout was a warm up mile at a 9 min pace and then 4 miles in a row without stopping at a 7:40 min/mile. Then a cool down mile for a total of 6 miles. I chose to stick to the treadmill today because with that speed and all the hills outside (not to mention my chocolate binge the past 2 days) I was sure to be found on the side of the road. So treadmill I did and it was brutal. But surprisingly to myself I did it all. I guess once your legs get used to running that fast they just keep going or at least I kept telling my mind to make them go. I'm feeling better and running definitely helps my mood, my stress, and my life. I'm just so glad that tempo runs are only once a week.

4 comments:

  1. Good girl AMber. Way to get back in the game! Love you. Reading this makes me want to go running! (a little.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had some chocolate for me! And those tempo runs sound like a total party. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just amazing, and it is unbelieveable to me that you can do those speeds. I ran on Tuesday, 3 miles, at about 9.5 min mile and that just about killed me. You are going to do so great, I'm glad you are feeling a little better. Oh yeah, my garmin watch came in today. I hope it helps me get a little faster :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing runner. If you every need someone to eat chocolate with, I am in.

    ReplyDelete