Saturday, July 10, 2010

Training...4 weeks in

I just finished week 4 of training for the St. George marathon. 12 more to go till its here. And I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. After running a 3:52 at the SLC marathon in April I felt great, well actually I felt amazing. So much so that the thought of that magic number 3:40 entered my mind and has consumed me. I want Boston and I want it bad! So in order to shave those 12 min. off in my time I am really going to have to work. Maybe a little harder than I am now. I am doing a pretty competitive training program, that tells me how fast I need to be running. The problem is that I live in these horribly hilly mountain roads and it makes training at a faster speed so much more difficult. Sooooo....I'm trying. My "long runs" need to be done at a 9:11 speed which is easy to stick to as long as the miles aren't straight uphill, which they often are. So yeah, working on that. Wednesdays are tempo runs where I'm sprinting my miles, and that kills me too. I'm thinking I may have to take those tempo runs indoors to the treadmill to eliminate the hill work. So at least tomorrow is Sunday, my day of rest.

6 comments:

  1. You go, girl! You're awesome--a total inspiration! Wish I loved running as much as you do. I'll live vicariously through you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspirtation Amber...I hope to some day maybe do at least a half...some day. Thanks for sharing the journal...you already know I am one of your biggest fans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Amber! You rock.
    Maybe if I keep looking at your post... I will get out and RUN!
    I just updated my blog.. We used the same template.
    Good minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know Am even though those hills are tough and you aren't quite making your goal time, you will get stronger so when you actually run at St. George you will be CRUISIN. I know you are going to do it. Don't get discouraged! You are amazing, LeeAnee and I talk about you as we are struggling just to maintain 10 minute miles...you are an inspiration to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that quote "All it takes is all you got". So true :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing Amber, and a total inspiration to me!!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete