Saturday, July 24, 2010

14 miles makes me tired

14 miles, half way point and it kicked my butt this morning. Left at 6:30am with Cameron (my sis was visiting so she was able to watch the kids for us.) We did a route full of hills and more hills with the last few miles um again guess where, yes straight up hill. Cam ran 10 with me and I made up the other 4 on my own. I like having him as a partner, sometimes. Of course we got in a "running fight" today. I had to yell at him about "Road etiquette" which didn't go over well. I just think that when bikers are pounding straight up the hill and we are running down it that "we" should both get over to the side so they don't have to swerve around us. But I'll stop now since he reads this blog, but thankfully with all the endorphins pumping through our body, not to mention pure exhaustion it's hard to stay mad at each other. Good times. :) As far at my training run speed is going I'm just feeling a little frustrated. Running at an 8:20 min. mile for 26 miles is just seeming more and more out of reach. Today I averaged between 8:40- 9:30 min. miles and that's just not good enough. I know that I have to take the hills into consideration and also know that I still have 2 months of training to get better, but I just don't know if I can. :( So on that thought I'm feeling a little down, but in no way I am giving up. If only there was an easy way to improve my time...

2 comments:

  1. Seriously. You are AWESOME. And by awesome I mean totally kicking you-know-what and taking names. Just like there's often a "wall" in a marathon, I bet there's a similar wall in training. Don't give up--you're my inspiration.

    And now that I'm a cyclist, I have to agree with you, especially because I'm not as coordinated as others on the bike. If I have to swerve while going uphill, I will most likely fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you really have to take into consideration those hills....I just know you are going to do awesome in St. George. And just think in about a month, for your even longer runs I can come over early and stay with the boys, or better yet they can spend the night with me so you and Cameron can have the night off and I will bring them home in the afternoon.....won't that be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete